Wednesday 30 April 2014

No Tier Gear

So at this point of time it seems like there will be no gear in raid finder once Warlords of Draenor comes out. Well I should say no tier gear, but we all know that tier gear is the only gear that counts in raiding.




My journey in wow has been a long one. I have been playing since Classic wow. And what I've saw in terms of reward from raiding is this: End of storyline and tier gear. Unfortunately for me raiding was not accessible to me until Mists of Pandaria. Technically Cataclysm when LFR first came out but I was rather worried to step into something that I was told had such a bad environment. So for me it feels like I'm having this accessibility ripped away from me, at least in part.


I want to see the gear and be able to have a good looking set of gear. Taking tier bonus' away just takes away the feeling of high end gear.


Why do I need it if I'm not going to raid higher? You are right I don't. But that is not the point. Besides why does a normal level raider need tier gear? Could they not get the valor gear from the four different rep grinds and enter into Normal Mogu'shan Vaults and progress from there? I mean the tier gear in LFR was the lowest level gear, and it got better as you increased difficulty level.


Speaking of difficulty level, I have heard several people use the reasoning that you need to have motivation to move up to higher difficulty levels. Well I disagree. If I am fine with LFR level is that not my right? Why does it hinder someone else if I only want to or can only raid LFR? I don't hear people criticising people for playing different levels in say Diablo or Madden or Call of Duty? There is a reason for having different difficulty levels, so different people can have access to a game.


Only reason I can see for this change? To appease the elitist raiders that don't want casual players to raid.


In any case whatever happens I will have to make the best of the raiding landscape come Warlords of Draenor.

2 comments:

  1. "Only reason I can see for this change? To appease the elitist raiders that don't want casual players to raid." We have a winner. These are the same people who unsub when they complete a raid tier while waiting for a new patch with a new raid and then dare to say it's the casuals who do way more than just raid are the ones who unsub and wait for content to be outdated.

    ReplyDelete